10 Jan An OT Picture of Justification – Zechariah 3:1-7
Thursday Service – 1/7/2016
Pastor Bryan Parish
“An OT Picture of Justification”
- The Spiritual Battle 3:1, 3
- The Picture of Joshua (3:1a, 3)
- The Opponent of Joshua (3:1b)
- The Supernatural Resources 3:2, 4-7
- The Effective Rebuke of the Lord (3:2a)
- The Gracious Choice of the Lord (3:2b)
- The Twofold Work of the Lord (3:4)
- The Encouraging Hope from the People of the Lord (3:5)
- The Gracious Rewards from the Lord (3:6-7)
“Then he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the Angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right hand to oppose him. And the LORD said to Satan, “The LORD rebuke you, Satan! The LORD who has chosen Jerusalem rebuke you! Is this not a brand plucked from the fire?”
Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and was standing before the Angel.
Then He answered and spoke to those who stood before Him, saying, “Take away the filthy garments from him.” And to him He said, “See, I have removed your iniquity from you, and I will clothe you with rich robes.”
And I said, “Let them put a clean turban on his head.”
So they put a clean turban on his head, and they put the clothes on him. And the Angel of the LORD stood by.
Then the Angel of the LORD admonished Joshua, saying, “Thus says the LORD of hosts: ‘If you will walk in My ways, And if you will keep My command, Then you shall also judge My house, And likewise have charge of My courts; I will give you places to walk Among these who stand here.”
(Zechariah 3:1–7 NKJV)
You can also listen to our sermons on the Internet radio sites below by clicking on the icons.