15 Oct Decisions – Ruth 1:1-9
Sunday Service – 10/15/2017
Pastor Bryan Parish
- Decisions Made Dangerous Times 1.1
- The Danger of Ignoring the Spiritual Climate (1.1a)
- The Danger of Rationalizing (1.1b)
- Decisions Based on the Temporary 1.1c
- The Man of God from Bethlehem
- The Man of God in Moab
- Decisions Rooted in Human Perception 1.2
- To Decision to Sojourn (1.2a)
- To Decision to Remain (1.2b)
- Decisions Bearing Fruit in Time 1.3-5
- The Compounding of Bad Decisions (1.3)
- The Disciplining of God (1.4-5)
- Decisions Founded in Godly Principles 1.6-9
- Decisions Based on the Goodness of God (1.6)
- Decisions Based on Faith in God (1.7)
- Decisions Based on the Blessing of Others by God (1.8-9)
Ruth 1:1 Now it came to pass, in the days when the judges ruled, that there was a famine in the land. And a certain man of Bethlehem, Judah, went to dwell in the country of Moab, he and his wife and his two sons. 2 The name of the man was Elimelech, the name of his wife was Naomi, and the names of his two sons were Mahlon and Chilion—Ephrathites of Bethlehem, Judah. And they went to the country of Moab and remained there. 3 Then Elimelech, Naomi’s husband, died; and she was left, and her two sons. 4 Now they took wives of the women of Moab: the name of the one was Orpah, and the name of the other Ruth. And they dwelt there about ten years. 5 Then both Mahlon and Chilion also died; so the woman survived her two sons and her husband.
Ruth 1:6 Then she arose with her daughters-in-law that she might return from the country of Moab, for she had heard in the country of Moab that the LORD had visited His people by giving them bread. 7 Therefore she went out from the place where she was, and her two daughters-in-law with her; and they went on the way to return to the land of Judah. 8 And Naomi said to her two daughters-in-law, “Go, return each to her mother’s house. The LORD deal kindly with you, as you have dealt with the dead and with me. 9 The LORD grant that you may find rest, each in the house of her husband.”
So she kissed them, and they lifted up their voices and wept.
You can also listen to our sermons on the Internet radio sites below by clicking on the icons.