25 Sep Growth Through the Liberating Gospel – Galatians 4:1-11
Sunday Service – 9/18/2016
Pastor Bryan Parish
“The Law and the Liberating Gospel”
- Childhood Explained 4.1-3
- The Child and the Slave (4.1)
- The Child and Guardians (4.2)
- The Child and Bondage (4.3)
- Manhood Exemplified 4.4-7
- The Timing of Maturity (4.4)
- The Power for Maturity (4.5)
- The Privilege of Maturity (4.6-7)
- Maturity Endangered 4.8-11
- Their Past Ignorance (4.8)
- Their Present Foolishness (4.9-10)
- Their Future Threatened (4.11)
Gal. 4:1 Now I say that the heir, as long as he is a child, does not differ at all from a slave, though he is master of all, 2 but is under guardians and stewards until the time appointed by the father. 3 Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world. 4 But when the fullness of the time had come, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the law, 5 to redeem those who were under the law, that we might receive the adoption as sons.
Gal. 4:6 And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out, “Abba, Father!” 7 Therefore you are no longer a slave but a son, and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.
Gal. 4:8 But then, indeed, when you did not know God, you served those which by nature are not gods. 9 But now after you have known God, or rather are known by God, how is it that you turn again to the weak and beggarly elements, to which you desire again to be in bondage? 10 You observe days and months and seasons and years. 11 I am afraid for you, lest I have labored for you in vain.
You can also listen to our sermons on the Internet radio sites below by clicking on the icons.