01 May How to Prepare for Church – Ecclesiastes 5:1-7
Sunday Service – 5/1/2016
Pastor Bryan Parish
“How to Prepare for Church”
- Prepare Your Heart Before You Arrive 5.1
- Preparing the Right Motive (5.1a)
- Preparing the Right Attitude (5.1b)
- Prepare the Right Heart (5.1c)
- Prepare Your Heart for Prayer 5.2-3
- Avoid Vain Words (5.2a)
- Avoid Vain Repetitions
- Avoid Vain Prayers (5.2b)
- Avoid Vain Commitments (5.3)
- Prepare Your Heart for Commitment 5.4-6
- Vow Keeping is Expected (5.4)
- Vow Making is Optional (5.5)
- Vow Breaking Has Consequences (5.6)
- Prepare Your Heart for Humility 5.7
- Fear Self-Confidence (5.7a)
- Fear God (5.7b)
Eccl. 5:1 Walk prudently when you go to the house of God; and draw near to hear rather than to give the sacrifice of fools, for they do not know that they do evil.
2 Do not be rash with your mouth,
And let not your heart utter anything hastily before God.
For God is in heaven, and you on earth;
Therefore let your words be few.
3 For a dream comes through much activity,
And a fool’s voice is known by his many words.
4 When you make a vow to God, do not delay to pay it;
For He has no pleasure in fools.
Pay what you have vowed—
5 Better not to vow than to vow and not pay. 6 Do not let your mouth cause your flesh to sin, nor say before the messenger of God that it was an error. Why should God be angry at your excuse and destroy the work of your hands? 7 For in the multitude of dreams and many words there is also vanity. But fear God.
You can also listen to our sermons on the Internet radio sites below by clicking on the icons.