04 Jun Our Mindset About Sin – 1 Peter 4:1-9
Sunday Service – 6/4/2017
Pastor Bryan Parish
“Our Mindset About Sin”
- The Lord’s Victory Over Sin 4.1
- The Pattern of Christ (4.1a, 1c)
- The Mindset of the Believer (4.1b)
- The Believer’s Battle with Sin 4.2-5
- Our Present Mentality (4.2)
- Our Past Stupidity (4.3)
- Our Former Friendships (4.4-5)
- The Lord’s Response to Sin 4.6
- The End of All Things and Sin 4.7-9
- The Meaning of the End (4.7a)
- The Urgencies in Light of the End (4.7b-9)
1Pet. 4:1 Therefore, since Christ suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves also with the same mind, for he who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin, 2 that he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh for the lusts of men, but for the will of God. 3 For we have spent enough of our past lifetime in doing the will of the Gentiles—when we walked in lewdness, lusts, drunkenness, revelries, drinking parties, and abominable idolatries. 4 In regard to these, they think it strange that you do not run with them in the same flood of dissipation, speaking evil of you. 5 They will give an account to Him who is ready to judge the living and the dead. 6 For this reason the gospel was preached also to those who are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.
1Pet. 4:7 But the end of all things is at hand; therefore be serious and watchful in your prayers. 8 And above all things have fervent love for one another, for “love will cover a multitude of sins.” 9 Be hospitable to one another without grumbling.
You can also listen to our sermons on the Internet radio sites below by clicking on the icons.