02 Jul Suffering and the Devil – 1 Peter 5:8-14
Sunday Service – 7/2/2017
Pastor Bryan Parish
“Suffering and the Devil”
- Battling the Devil 5:8
- Defeating the Defeat
- Understanding the Devil
- By His Titles
- By His Purpose
- Responding to the Devil 5:9
- The Benefits of Suffering 5:10-11
- The Power for Transformation
- The Timing of Transformation
- The Particulars of Transformation
- The Response to Transformation (5:11)
- The Early Church and Suffering 5:12-14
- Long Term Faithfulness
- Standing in True Grace
- A Holy Church in the Midst of an Unholy World
- Restoration of Broken Relationships
- Expressions of Love
1Pet. 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. 9 Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world. 10 But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you. 11 To Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.
1Pet. 5:12 By Silvanus, our faithful brother as I consider him, I have written to you briefly, exhorting and testifying that this is the true grace of God in which you stand.
1Pet. 5:13 She who is in Babylon, elect together with you, greets you; and so does Mark my son. 14 Greet one another with a kiss of love.
Peace to you all who are in Christ Jesus. Amen.
You can also listen to our sermons on the Internet radio sites below by clicking on the icons.