30 Jul The Confidences of Peter – 2 Peter 1:12-21
Sunday Service – 7/30/2017
Pastor Bryan Parish
“The Confidences of Peter ”
- Peter’s Confidence in the Midst of Death 1:12-15
- The Confidence of Repetition (1:12)
- The Confidence of Reminders (1:13-15)
- Peter’s Confidence in the Midst of Attacks
- The Confidence of Divine Revelation (1:16)
- The Confidence of Divine Acceptance (1:17-18)
- The Confidence of Divine Confirmation (1:19)
- The Confidence of Divine Inspiration (1:20-21)
- The Meaning of Private Interpretation (1:20)
- The Source of Divine Inspiration (1:21)
2Pet. 1:12 For this reason I will not be negligent to remind you always of these things, though you know and are established in the present truth. 13 Yes, I think it is right, as long as I am in this tent, to stir you up by reminding you, 14 knowing that shortly I must put off my tent, just as our Lord Jesus Christ showed me. 15 Moreover I will be careful to ensure that you always have a reminder of these things after my decease.
2Pet. 1:16 For we did not follow cunningly devised fables when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of His majesty. 17 For He received from God the Father honor and glory when such a voice came to Him from the Excellent Glory: “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.” 18 And we heard this voice which came from heaven when we were with Him on the holy mountain.
2Pet. 1:19 And so we have the prophetic word confirmed, which you do well to heed as a light that shines in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts; 20 knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation, 21 for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.
You can also listen to our sermons on the Internet radio sites below by clicking on the icons.