30 Apr True Growth – 1 Peter 2:1-10
Sunday Service – 4/30/2017
Pastor Bryan Parish
- The Word and Spiritual Growth 2.1-3
- Growth Inhibitors (2.1)
- Growth Enhancers (2.2)
- Growth Motivators (2.3)
- The Church and Spiritual Growth 2.4-5
- The Model for Growth (2.4)
- The Focus of Growth (2.5)
- The Pattern for Spiritual Growth 2.6-8
- The Selection of the Chief Cornerstone (2.6)
- The Rejection of the Chief Cornerstone (2.7)
- The Consideration of the Chief Cornerstone (2.8)
- The Evidences of Spiritual Growth 2.9-10
- The Supernatural Construction (2.9)
- The Superlative Mercy (2.10)
1Pet. 2:1 Therefore, laying aside all malice, all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and all evil speaking, 2 as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby, 3 if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
1Pet. 2:4 Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious, 5 you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 6 Therefore it is also contained in the Scripture,
“Behold, I lay in Zion
A chief cornerstone, elect, precious,
And he who believes on Him will by no means be put to shame.”
1Pet. 2:7 Therefore, to you who believe, He is precious; but to those who are disobedient,
“The stone which the builders rejected
Has become the chief cornerstone,”
“A stone of stumbling
And a rock of offense.” They stumble, being disobedient to the word, to which they also were appointed.
1Pet. 2:9 But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; 10 who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy.
You can also listen to our sermons on the Internet radio sites below by clicking on the icons.