29 May A Better Perspective on Life – Ecclesiastes 7:1-10
Sunday Service – 5/29/2016
Pastor Bryan Parish
“A Better Perspective on Life”
- It is Better to Be Good Than to Look Good 7.1
- A Good Name (7.1a)
- A Good Death (7.1b)
- It is Better to Mourn Than to Party 7.2-4
- The Heart of the Matter (7.2)
- The Heart and Sorrow (7.3-4)
- It is Better to Be Rebuked Than Complimented 7.5-7
- The Wisdom of Rebuke (7.5-6)
- The Response to Rebuke (7.7)
- It is Better to Take the Long Way Than Easy Way 7.8-9
- The Patient Spirit (7.8)
- The Angry Spirit (7.9)
- It is Better to Rejoice in the Future Than the Past 7.10
- Wisdom From the Past (7.10a)
- Wisdom For the Future (7.10b)
Eccl. 7:1 A good name is better than precious ointment,
And the day of death than the day of one’s birth;
2 Better to go to the house of mourning
Than to go to the house of feasting,
For that is the end of all men;
And the living will take it to heart.
3 Sorrow is better than laughter,
For by a sad countenance the heart is made better.
4 The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning,
But the heart of fools is in the house of mirth.
5 It is better to hear the rebuke of the wise
Than for a man to hear the song of fools.
6 For like the crackling of thorns under a pot,
So is the laughter of the fool.
This also is vanity.
7 Surely oppression destroys a wise man’s reason,
And a bribe debases the heart.
8 The end of a thing is better than its beginning;
The patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit.
9 Do not hasten in your spirit to be angry,
For anger rests in the bosom of fools.
10 Do not say,
“Why were the former days better than these?”
For you do not inquire wisely concerning this.
You can also listen to our sermons on the Internet radio sites below by clicking on the icons.