14 Aug Fighting for the Liberating Gospel – Galatians 1:1-10
Sunday Service – 8/14/2016
Pastor Bryan Parish
“Fighting for the Liberating Gospel”
- The Authority of the Gospel 1:1-2
- The Tone of the Apostle (1:1)
- The Testimony of the Churches (1:2)
- The Power of the Gospel 1:3-5
- The Power of Peace Producing Grace (1:3)
- The Power of God’s Sacrificial Love (1:4a)
- The Power of Supernatural Deliverance (1:4b)
- The Power of God’s Specific Will (1:4c)
- The Power of Glorifying Worship (1:5)
- The Attacks on the Gospel 1:6-10
- The Problem with Gullible Believers (1:6)
- The Problem with Legalistic Preachers (1:7)
- The Problem with Deceptive Preachers (1:8-9)
- The Problem with “Man-Pleasing” Believers (1:10)
Gal. 1:1 Paul, an apostle (not from men nor through man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father who raised Him from the dead), 2 and all the brethren who are with me,
To the churches of Galatia:
Gal. 1:3 Grace to you and peace from God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ, 4 who gave Himself for our sins, that He might deliver us from this present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father, 5 to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.
Gal. 1:6 I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel, 7 which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.
Gal. 1:10 For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ.
You can also listen to our sermons on the Internet radio sites below by clicking on the icons.