28 Jan Learning Difficult Lessons the Hard Way – Jonah 2:1-10
Sunday Service – 1/28/2018
Pastor Bryan Parish
“Learning Difficult Lessons the Hard Way”
- The Power of Prayer 1.17-2.2
- The Word and Prayer
- Delay and Prayer (1.17)
- The Motive in Prayer (2.1-2)
- The Sovereignty of God and the Responsibility of Man 2.3
- The Responsibility of Man (2.3a)
- The Sovereignty of God (2.3b)
- The Depth of the Mercy of God 3.4-7
- The Mercy of God Seen in His Promises (3.4)
- The Mercy of God Seen in Light of Sin (3.5-6)
- The Mercy of God Seen in Faith (3.7)
- Living a Life of Contentment (3.8)
- Surrendering to the Purpose of God 3.9-10
- Surrendering to God Truthfully (3.9)
- Surrendering to God with the Right Attitude (3.9)
- Surrendering to God Circumstantially (3.10)
Jonah 2:1 Then Jonah prayed to the LORD his God from the fish’s belly. 2 And he said:
“I cried out to the LORD because of my affliction,
And He answered me.
‘Out of the belly of Sheol I cried,
And You heard my voice.
3 For You cast me into the deep,
Into the heart of the seas,
And the floods surrounded me;
All Your billows and Your waves passed over me.
4 Then I said, “I have been cast out of Your sight;
Yet I will look again toward Your holy temple.’
5 The waters surrounded me, even to my soul;
The deep closed around me;
Weeds were wrapped around my head.
6 I went down to the moorings of the mountains;
The earth with its bars closed behind me forever;
Yet You have brought up my life from the pit,
O LORD, my God.
7 “When my soul fainted within me,
I remembered the LORD;
And my prayer went up to You,
Into Your holy temple.
8 “Those who regard worthless idols
Forsake their own Mercy.
9 But I will sacrifice to You
With the voice of thanksgiving;
I will pay what I have vowed.
Salvation is of the LORD.”
Jonah 2:10 So the LORD spoke to the fish, and it vomited Jonah onto dry land.
You can also listen to our sermons on the Internet radio sites below by clicking on the icons.