31 Jul The Last Study in Ecclesiastes – Ecclesiastes 12:8-14
Sunday Service – 7/31/2016
Pastor Bryan Parish
“The Last Study in Ecclesiastes”
- The Summary of the Book 12:8
- The Summary of the Teacher 12:9-12
- The Wisdom of the Teacher (12:9a)
- The Work-Ethic of the Teacher (12:9b-10)
- The Words of the Teacher (12:11)
- The Wisdom of the Teacher (12:12)
- The Summary of Summaries 12:13-14
- The Ultimate Pursuit for Every Life (12:13)
- The Ultimate Accountability for Every Life (12:14)
Eccl. 12:8 “Vanity of vanities,” says the Preacher,
“All is vanity.”
Eccl. 12:9 And moreover, because the Preacher was wise, he still taught the people knowledge; yes, he pondered and sought out and set in order many proverbs. 10 The Preacher sought to find acceptable words; and what was written was upright—words of truth. 11 The words of the wise are like goads, and the words of scholars are like well-driven nails, given by one Shepherd. 12 And further, my son, be admonished by these. Of making many books there is no end, and much study is wearisome to the flesh.
Eccl. 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter:
Fear God and keep His commandments,
For this is man’s all.
14 For God will bring every work into judgment,
Including every secret thing,
Whether good or evil.
You can also listen to our sermons on the Internet radio sites below by clicking on the icons.