28 May The Perfect Results of Christ’s Suffering – 1 Peter 3:18-22
Sunday Service – 5/28/2017
Pastor Bryan Parish
“The Perfect Results of Christ’s Suffering”
- The Perfect Sacrifice 3.18
- The Perfection Seen in the Repetition (3.18a)
- The Perfection Seen in the Result (3.18b)
- The Perfection Seen in the Realm (3.18c)
- Issue #1 Large S or Small
- Issue #2 Did Jesus Die Spiritually?
- The Perfect Sermon 3.19-20
- The Pronouncement in Preaching (3.19a)
- The Place of Preaching (3.19c)
- The People of Preaching (3.19b)
- The Period of Preaching (3.20)
- The Perfect Illustration 3.21
- The Meaning of Antitype
- The Meaning of Baptism
- The Meaning of the Parenthesis
- The Perfect Exaltation 3.22
1Pet. 3:18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Spirit, 19 by whom also He went and preached to the spirits in prison, 20 who formerly were disobedient, when once the Divine longsuffering waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight souls, were saved through water. 21 There is also an antitype which now saves us—baptism (not the removal of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God), through the resurrection of Jesus Christ, 22 who has gone into heaven and is at the right hand of God, angels and authorities and powers having been made subject to Him.
You can also listen to our sermons on the Internet radio sites below by clicking on the icons.