16 Jul Thriving in the Midst of Attacks – 2 Peter 1:1-11
Sunday Service – 7/16/2017
Pastor Bryan Parish
“Thriving in the Midst of Attacks”
- The Humility Revealed from the Attacks 1.1-2
- Seen in the Writer (1.1a)
- Seen in the Titles (1.1b)
- Seen in the Recipients (1.1c)
- The Deity of Christ
- The Righteousness of Christ
- Seen in the Greeting (1.2)
- The Resources for the Attacks 1.3-4
- The Divine Power (1.3)
- The Divine Promises (1.4)
- The Growth in the Midst of the Attacks 1.5-11
- The Pattern for Growth (1.5-7)
- The Productivity from Growth (1.8)
- The Protection due to Growth (1.9)
- The Peace during Growth (1.10-11)
2Pet. 1:1 Simon Peter, a bondservant and apostle of Jesus Christ,
To those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ:
2Pet. 1:2 Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, 3 as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, 4 by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
2Pet. 1:5 But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, 6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, 7 to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. 8 For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins.
2Pet. 1:10 Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble; 11 for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
You can also listen to our sermons on the Internet radio sites below by clicking on the icons.